Friday 13 September 2013

The Engagement Party

On saturday we all travelled to my grandad's house in Swindon for a family celebration! Despite it being over a year since me and Simon got together, our families have never actually met, so we thought it would be a good idea to have a little engagement party to introduce the families and to have some fun too. Also, Mel, Luke and Tom (the maid of honour and best men) came down for the occasion.

We all had a really great afternoon and our families got on well which was so great! We also decided to have 'opposite' speeches which proved to be a lot of fun and gave other people to say something who won't get a speech at the wedding. So instead of the groom, best man and father of the bride doing speeches, we had the bride (me), the maid of honour and the father of the groom saying a few words. It was so lovely to hear from people how they see us as a couple.

In the afternoon we went for a walk around the village where my dad grew up and where I have many happy childhood memories. It meant a lot for me that I could share this place with Simon. It is a special place for me.

After a long long day, I went back to Simon's flat with Luke to drop off a few things before going back home and having a good long sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment